Stree Free Wedding Planning & Day
It seems like just yesterday you got engaged. In six months, you are getting married and feeling a lot overwhelmed with the planning.
Here are some actionable steps you can take to lessen your stress, enjoy your engagement and the wedding planning, and prepare yourself for a stress-free wedding.
- If you can, hire someone to help you with planning. Most event coordinators will have “back pocket” vendors that can provide excellent service at affordable prices.
- If you can’t afford to hire a coordinator, then talk with your family and find out who absolutely LOVES planning events. They don’t have to be professionals but they do need to have a timeline, budget and your sense of style available to help you.
- Pick Bridesmaids that can afford your vision. If you know your best friend is in a tough spot right now with money, maybe pick a color for the dress but let her get the dress that doesn’t break her budget. The trend on bridesmaids dresses are varied. We have seen lots of colors and variations of dress that looked amazing at the ceremony.
- If you haven’t already, make a budget and stick to it. Spending an extra $1000 on flowers is not going to make your marriage any better.
- Try to pay everyone off before the wedding. We have a lot of bride/grooms that set up payment plans or set up a schedule of saving and pay us months before the wedding. Most vendors will work with you and prefer to have at least some of the money before the date. We have had clients pay us the day of the wedding with the money they got at the wedding. Do you really want to be that stressed out about paying your vendors? It WASN’T PRETTY or stress free.
- Make sure you are sharing the responsibility of getting everything done. Talk it over with your soon-to-be spouse and split up the duties. Not all brides want the “Control” factor. Most will welcome the help. Not all grooms want “She Makes All The Decisions” on their special day. He wants to be involved for several reasons. It’s his money too, it’s his day too, it’s his family too, etc.
- Finally, if your vendors can offer suggestions or extra services for you, listen to them. They most likely have years in the planning/vendor business, and you have just one day to plan. Big Tyme Entertainment has been helping with “Day Of Coordination” for at least 10 years for weddings, birthdays, reunions, and corporate events. We are always available to our clients.
I know this is a short list, but hopefully, it will help you remain calm and concentrate on the important things, like…the honeymoon. (don’t forget the dollar dance to help pay for expenses on the honeymoon).
For more help with vendors, join our Everything Weddings SA group on Facebook.